How to Register

We ask all GVFB clients to register in order to access food.

Our locations are for people living in Vancouver, North Shore, Burnaby and New Westminster. If you live outside these areas, please contact the food bank in your city or call BC 211.

In order to register, we ask for:

  • A piece of government-issued identification (i.e., driver’s license, passport, Care Card, etc.) for each household member.
  • Proof of address (i.e., rental agreement, utility bill).

You can register at the Food Bank’s main office or at one of our locations. You will then receive a photo membership card to access food from any of our locations. We will accept expired ID and photocopies stamped from the BC Ministry of Social Development.