Raising food and funds in the community is one of our favourite activities. It is both crucial to what we do and a fantastic way of increasing awareness of the challenges many people face meeting their food needs.
How to Donate Food
There are many ways to donate food!
How do I pick-up supplies and drop-off donations?
- We have a number of supplies we can provide to you from boxes to posters and information leaflets once you have registered your food drive with us.
- You can help maximize the Food Bank’s resources by picking up your food and fund drives supplies at our office and/or dropping off your food donations at our warehouse, located at 8345 Winston Street, Burnaby, BC
- Warehouse hours are Monday to Friday, 7:00am – 3:00pm. A staff person will be happy to assist you with your donation of food.
- Please note: we are committed to respecting the privacy of our clients. We do not accept donations at our individual food bank locations, because they are intended for use by food bank members.
- You may also take your non-perishable food donations to any Safeway, Save on Foods, Superstore, or Fire Hall in Vancouver, Burnaby, New Westminster and the North Shore.
How do I make a monetary donation?
- Please do not leave monetary donations with your food donations.
- Monetary donations can be made in person, by mail, by phone or online. Cheques should be made out to the Greater Vancouver Food Bank Society.
Do I need to register my food drive?
- Yes! To host a food drive please complete our online form in order for us to best support your work.
- Due to the volume of Food and Fund Drives requests, we try to respond within 3-5 business days. We appreciate your patience and understanding.
- Should you be unable to arrange drop-off food donations, we can schedule a pick-up when you have 10 or more full food donation boxes (please specify when you register).
What are some other options for food drives?
- You can now also shop online for the food bank with our new Virtual Food Drive. Set your team a fundraising target and share your own online dedicated fundraising page with others to help support your initiative
What are some ways that I can make my food drive a success?
- Learn about how to make your food drive with us a success with our helpful tips.