Do you have promotional material I can use in support of my food drive?
- We have a number of supplies we can provide, from boxes, to posters and information leaflets once you have registered your food drive with us.
- You can help maximize the Food Bank’s resources by picking up your food and fund drive supplies at our office and/or dropping off your food donations at our warehouse. Both are located at 1150 Raymur Avenue, Vancouver, BC.
- Warehouse hours are Monday to Friday, 7:00am – 3:00pm. A staff person will be happy to assist you with your donation of food.
Can I drop food off at one of the GVFB distribution locations?
- The Greater Vancouver Food Bank is is tremendously committed to respecting the privacy of our members. We do not accept donations at our food bank distribution locations because they are intended for use by food bank members ONLY. We thank you for your cooperation in this matter.
- You may also take your non-perishable food donations to any Safeway, Save on Foods, Superstore, or Fire Hall in Vancouver, Burnaby, New Westminster and the North Shore. We ask that you not drop off any expired food, perishable food items, or food beyond its “best before” date.
How do I make a monetary donation?
- Please do not leave monetary donations with your food donations.
- Monetary donations can be made in person, by mail, by phone or online. Cheques should be made out to the Greater Vancouver Food Bank Society.
Do I need to register my food drive?
- Yes! To host a food drive please complete our online form in order for us to best support your work.
- Due to the volume of Food and Fund Drives requests, we try to respond within 3-5 business days. We appreciate your patience and understanding.
- Should you be unable to arrange drop-off food donations, we can schedule a pick-up when you have 10 or more full food donation boxes (please specify when you register).
What are some other options for food drives?
- You can now also shop online for the food bank with our new Virtual Food Drive. Set your team up with a fundraising target and share your own online dedicated fundraising page with others to help support your initiative. If you’d like to tag the Greater Vancouver Food Bank on social channels, please use the handles @VanFoodBank on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
What are some other ways that I can make my food drive a success?
- You can supplement your physical food drive by hosting an online virtual food drive as well. This tool is a great way to raise funds for nutritious, healthy foods with your friends, families and colleagues. You can get set up in minutes. Start your virtual food drive [link]
- YOU CAN MAKE YOUR FOOD DRIVE A SUCCESS BY CHECKING EXPIRY AND BEST BEFORE DATES(!) AND FOLLOWING OUR NUTRITIONAL GUIDELINES.
- If you have any questions about the GVFB’s nutritional guidelines, please visit or contact our Food Drives coordinator at [email protected].
- We encourage you to share your food drives with your networks! Promoting your food drive on social media is a great way to build momentum and create awareness for the good work being done by Greater Vancouver Food Bank.
- Please add the Greater Vancouver Food Bank to your social media accounts. To interact with the Greater Vancouver Food Bank on social media, join the conversation at @VanFoodBank on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram, respectively.