Want to make a difference in your community? Join our team and help us make our vision of accessible, healthy and sustainable food for all a reality.
The Accountant role is a dynamic, experienced and self-motivated individual with the primary mission of fulfilling the full cycle of accounting principles and processes in support of the Greater Vancouver Food Bank. Responsible for: overseeing and delivering accounting reports and performing various financial reconciliations.
This individual must be highly organized, an effective multi-tasker, a go-getter with the ability to work with minimal supervision, and focused on managing all aspects of the role. A proven track record with the ability to develop and maintain strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders, as well as being able to engage and provide direction to volunteers who assist the finance department. A results oriented and hands-on team player with an aptitude to learn, willingness to contribute, and a driver for successful results.
- Reconciling Bank Statements.
- Reconciling Raiser’s Edge (Donations Software) Data to Donor/Merchant Reports and the Accounting Software.
- Responsible for Accounts Receivable Transactions.
- Preparing Bank Deposits, making Online Deposits and Cash Flow Reports.
- Managing Fixed Assets Accounting.
- Reconciling Food Donation Records in the Accounting Software with the Operational Inventory Reports.
- Maintaining Supporting Schedules for Accounting Records.
- Posting various Journal Entries as required.
- Supporting in Month’s End Procedures, Fiscal Year End and Annual Audit Preparations.
- Performing other accounting duties as required.
- Bookkeeping experience and accounting knowledge.
- Highly motivated, self-starter, enthusiastic and well organized.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment and prioritize your workload.
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills (written/oral)
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office tools.
- Ability to build strong working relationships with employees, be approachable and helpful!
- Proven track record of successfully working with individuals and groups from diverse backgrounds.
- Passion for making a difference in the community.
Applications will be treated in strict confidence.
This is an immediate requirement so if this role sounds like a great fit for your skills and experience please don’t hesitate in applying!
Please include a cover letter along with your resume to: [email protected]
This is a permanent, full-time position. A criminal check is required upon hiring.