Reporting in to our Manager of Community Agencies, the Community Agency Assistant oversees daily agency program tasks and processes, including communicating with Agency partners and stakeholders, data entry, order processes, general administration and system updates.
More information on our Community Agencies can be located here:
- Oversee 4 different Agency streams with over 80 Agency Partners total;
- Create and process over 200 order forms per month.
- Establish and deepen mutually beneficial relationships for The GVFB, create and maintain ordering systems and evaluate and report on Agency Program parameters;
- Ensure accurate and timely communication to and from GVFB and agency partners;
- Maintain, update and improve all agency information documents and tracking spreadsheets;
- Maintain record tracking and schedule for GVFB Agency Partner ordering;
- Create GVFB agency order forms and submit any special requests;
- Coordinate with the Operations team any Agency logistic changes and update the Agency schedule;
- Clearly and in a timely manner communicate day to day requests and order processing;
- Ensure Agency Partner concerns are forwarded to the appropriate department in a timely manner;
- Support the Manager of Community Agencies with research, program changes and administrative tasks.
- Demonstrated thoughtful and positive attitude;
- Focused and highly organized work style;
- Ability to work independently and with a team;
- Kind, helpful, respectful and considerate manner.
- Post-secondary education in social work, humanities, community development, food systems/security or combination of relevant work experience is preferred.
- Effective communication skills, both oral and written.
- Good computer skills, including Microsoft Office suite.
- Effective organizational and time management skills.
- Knowledge of food security and social justice issues is an asset.
- Familiarity with community organizations in GVFB catchment is advantageous.
- Alignment with GVFB core values.
- Criminal Background Check required;
- May need to sit and stand as needed;
- May require walking primarily on a level surface and climbing stairs throughout the day.
About the Greater Vancouver Food Bank
The Greater Vancouver Food Bank Society (GVFBS) is a non-profit organization with a mission to empower people to nourish themselves by providing access to healthy food, education and training. The GVFBS provides assistance to over 27,000 people weekly through GVFBS operated 13 food distribution locations and over 80 community agencies located in Vancouver, Burnaby, New Westminster and North Vancouver. The GVFBS is committed to its vision of accessible, healthy and sustainable food for all and through community collaboration, is pro-actively working to help end hunger.
MISSION:To create empowering environments that provide and promote access to healthy food, education and training.
VISION: Accessible, healthy and sustainable food for all.
VALUES: Accountability, Collaboration, Justice, Respect, Trust
Please email in confidence your cover letter and resume to: [email protected]
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent