The Development Coordinator role is designed to perform administrative duties related to fundraising, communications and events. Gaining firsthand experience in non-profit fundraising and relationship management, as well as donor and grant research and tracking. This role is entry-level and will serve as the catalyst for a successful career in non-profit fundraising and relationship management for the right candidate.
As a key member of our development team, you will liaise with everyone in the department to understand their role and how it all comes together; this work is fun, creative, fulfilling and challenging.
Primary responsibilities will be a combination of the following (but not all at once!)
- Cold calling GVFB members to schedule interviews with our Communications Officer;
- Keeping track of scheduled interview dates;
- Media management – reviewing photographs and raw files, making sure they are sorted, tagged and archived accordingly;
- Tidying up our file system, creating organized structure and correct labels;
- Create a logical system that works effectively and is easy to follow for all team members;
- Assist with putting together presentations and create professional, branded templates;
- Working with our graphic designer as required;
- Basic editing skills to assist with producing videos would be advantageous.
- Assisting with event set up and coordination as required;
- Data entry of resulting donations into Raiser’s Edge;
- Research – i.e. private schools to reach out to in Vancouver, researching festivals;
- Available to attend events – especially larger events.
Development Officer Support
- Monthly donor reactivations – updating new information as required;
- Locating member files and exporting information;
- Benchmark recovery rates;
- Point person for inbound calls relevant to the development team, assigning levels of urgency;
- Inquiries and responding to voicemails;
- Opening all direct mail received to include handling cash, cheques, credit card donations;
- Update address changes for our donors;
- Regular interaction with our finance department;
- Coding and centralizing the invoices;
- Gain a strong understanding of Raiser’s Edge donor database.
Chief Development Officer Support
- Provide administrative support with meeting set up, expenses, PowerPoint presentations for donors, Board reporting
- Development Team Agenda set up, tracking, action follow-up
- Research on various topics (i.e. naming opportunities for major donors)
Desired skills and experience
- Strong attention to detail, excellent organizational skills and demonstrated ability to manage competing priorities under time sensitive deadlines;
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain internal and external relationships, work in a team environment, and build trust;
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality;
- Proven ability to develop processes to streamline, automate, and build efficiencies with technological tools;
- Knowledge of fundraising software, Raiser’s Edge preferred;
- Highly skilled in all aspects of Microsoft Office;
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and customer relations skills;
- Sense of humour, honesty, compassion;
- A flexible and collaborative, pro active work ethic;
- Self-starter, organized, and be able to work with minimal direction;
- Commitment to the mission statement, core values and goals of the Greater Vancouver Food Bank.
How to Apply
Please indicate your interest by submitting your cover letter and resume to [email protected]
Applications will be treated in strict confidence.