Want to make a difference in your community? Join our team and help us make our vision of accessible, healthy and sustainable food for all a reality.
We’re hiring Drivers with a Class 3 license to collect food from donor locations for delivery to our community food hubs. This role also includes a significant warehouse labour component involving loading and unloading the vehicle at the warehouse and at community hub locations.
This is a full-time position, working Monday through Friday. 7am – 3pm.
- Receive daily schedule from the Operations Manager of food daily pickups and depot
- Perform a pre-trip inspection of the vehicle to ensure safety and Fuel trucks at card-lock locations. Report any vehicle issues to the Operations Manager.
- Operate and drive vans, light/medium trucks to pick up and deliver food products as Organize food in the vans or light trucks to maximize efficiency and load distribution.
- On return to the warehouse; unload the van, weigh goods and record information on the daily record Put away all returns.
- Assist with the mobile roll out of onsite registration/on-going registration Troubleshoot scanners.
- Communicate with Operations Manager using Bluetooth and a cellular telephone to resolve any schedule changes and equipment issues as
- Provide relief to other food bank drivers as Assist in other areas of the warehouse as required.
- 2 years of safe driving experience; will need to provide clean Driver’s Abstract from ICBC
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills, both oral and written, is required
- A valid class 3 driver’s license is required
- Criminal Record Check is required
- Proper safety footwear is required
- Physically fit and knowledge of proper lifting techniques required to lift up to 50 lbs on a consistent basis
- May need to sit or stand as May require walking and climbing stairs during the day
- Reaching above shoulder heights or below the waist.
About The Greater Vancouver Food Bank Society (GVFBS)
The Greater Vancouver Food Bank Society is a non-profit organization with a mission to empower people to nourish themselves by providing access to healthy food, education and training. The GVFBS provides assistance to over 27,500 people weekly through 13 food hubs and over 85 community agencies located in Vancouver, Burnaby, New Westminster and the North Shore.
Hourly rate: $20 per hour.
Job Type: Full-time, Permanent. A criminal check is required upon hiring.
How to Apply
Please indicate your interest by submitting your cover letter and resume to [email protected]
Applications will be accepted until the position(s) are filled.