Event Team Lead (Street Team)
Reports To: Community Engagement Manager
Direct Reports: Event Volunteers
Position Type: Temporary, On-Call
Must be able to work flexible hours including weekdays, weekends, evenings and holidays.
The Event Team Lead is a dynamic, take charge, outgoing and self-motivated individual who works on-call with the primary mission of fulfilling the successful execution of a third-party fund/food raising event in support of the Greater Vancouver Food Bank. This individual will engage and direct volunteers from diverse backgrounds that have been recruited to support the event. The Event Team Lead works flexible hours including weekdays, weekends, evenings, and holidays.
The Event Team Lead is a brand ambassador representing the Food Bank, and abides by the policies, processes and agreements as set by the Food Bank. The successful candidate will be highly organized, an effective multi-tasker, a go-getter who needs minimum supervision, and focused on delivering an excellent outcome. An ability to think out-of-the-box and problem solve on the go are key. Well-developed communication skills, discretion, sound judgment and professionalism are paramount in this service role.
- Familiarizes themselves with the event, and the programs, services, vision and mission of the GVFB.
- Attends briefings and trainings as required to ensure the successful execution of an event.
- Responsible for gathering supplies and equipment needed for events, leads the set-up and tear down, and safe return of equipment, food and money.
- Drives GVFB branded vehicle to and from events, as required.
- Proactively engages with the event organizers, and the general public at on-site community events, as the GVFB brand ambassador.
- Responsible for collection of both food and cash donations while on-site at community events.
- Manages and supervises on-site event volunteers, delegates specific tasks to volunteers and ensures adequate training and instructions is provided to volunteers.
- Assists with day of event social media promotions in coordination with GVFB Communications Team as needed and takes photos at events.
- Proactively handles any arising issues and troubleshoots any emerging problems on event day.
- Reports back on condition of inventory, collateral and vehicle, and advises to order new supplies when required.
- Provides event feedback, including post-event reports and post-event thank you as requested.
- Obtains advance written approval (email or text) by Manager or Director for additional expenses that may be required to successfully execute the event.
- Provides detailed invoices/original receipts for all costs and expenses incurred on behalf of the GVFB event.
- Performs any related duties requested by the Community Engagement Manager or Communications Director.
- Post-secondary education in events management, fundraising, public relations, retail or customer service and/or equivalent combination of training and professional experience.
- Street team experience an asset.
- Available to work at different locations throughout the GVFB catchment cities.
- Experience working with and supervising a team of volunteers.
- Must be able to drive branded GVFB vehicle.
- A willingness to wear branded GVFB clothing as provided.
- Physical activity is a part of the contract job, including the lifting of boxes (up to 40 pounds), setting up/ dismantling equipment, etc.
- Must be able to work flexible hours – weekdays, weekends, evenings, and holidays – occasionally on short notice.
- This position requires a successful Canadian criminal record check and a valid class 5 driver’s license with a submitted clean driving abstract.
- High energy, outgoing and eager to initiate conversation with the public.
- Must be able to take initiative and self-manage.
- Independent problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Outstanding organizational skills and ability to work well under deadline pressure.
- Good listener, accepts direction, takes charge.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both oral and written.
- A willingness to be photographed and promoted on GVFB entities.
- Ability to contribute to social media entities at events (training provided).
- Conducts themselves professionally in all communications and interactions when representing themselves as a GVFB Event Lead.
- Treats all staff, volunteers and stakeholders with dignity and respect.
- Is consistent in words and actions.
- Abides by and maintains professional standards consistent with the GVFB’s policies, values and culture.
- On-call based on calendar of events.
- Primary responsibilities are carried out in either indoor or outdoor environments.
- Working under a high degree of pressure on day of events, the Event Team Lead will ensure that all logistical aspects of events are carried out successfully.
- Physical activity is a part of the job, including the lifting of boxes (up to 40lbs each), setting up/ dismantling equipment, etc.
How to Apply
Please indicate your interest by submitting your cover letter and resume to [email protected]
Applications will be accepted until the position(s) are filled.