Our HR Generalist will play a critical role within our HR team and work closely with the Human Resources Manager, to deliver and execute a broad range of HR services. You will be responsible for providing HR support to our employees, volunteers and leadership team. You will provide timely advice and guidance, as well as ensure compliance with policies and processes. A key focus of this role in your first few months will be implementing our new Volunteer Management Software (Better Impact).
Reporting to our HR Manager, the successful candidate will be a skilled HR professional looking for a growth opportunity with the end goal of serving as a trusted advisor to our employees and volunteers. You are self-motivated to learn and grow your HR knowledge base in all practice areas, thrive under pressure and independently problem-solve through critical analysis.
Primary HR Responsibilities
- Research and make recommendations for various HR programs; assist in the development and implementation of personnel policies and procedures;
- Under the direction of the HR Manager, prepare, coordinate and maintain performance management and annual performance reviews;
- Assist with creating or updating job descriptions in partnership with the hiring manager;
- Facilitate training workshops, new hire orientation sessions and deliver presentations as needed;
- Establish effective employee relationships at all levels based on trust, experience and credibility;
- Participate in developing and implementing onboarding content, then managing ongoing content and delivery;
- Provide compensation and benefits administration support;
- Work alongside our Data Analyst to compile reports on analyzing and summarizing HR data and trends;
- HR support around employee safety, health and welfare;
- Respond to employee requests, inquiries and concerns in a timely and solution-oriented manner.
Volunteer Program Involvement
- The Project Lead on implementing our new Volunteer Management Software (Better Impact), from planning stage through to execution stage;
- Volunteer recruitment and selection;
- Lead our volunteer orientation sessions;
- Work closely with our Operations, Hubs and Events departments regarding the onboarding and assigning of volunteers to roles;
- Working closely with our Operations, Hubs and Development departments on volunteer issues that are escalated to HR;
- Work collaboratively with our Operations, Hubs and Development departments to streamline conflict-resolution processes for volunteer-related issues;
- Coach, advise and support volunteer supervisors with interpersonal and performance-related volunteer issues;
- Deepen relationships and partner with external organizations towards ensuring the sustainability of our volunteer program and continued community capacity development.
- 3+ years Human Resources related experience working in a fast paced environment;
- Strong project management skills, ideally previous experience rolling out a new project to full implementation stage;
- Experience using Better Impact Volunteer Management Software is advantageous;
- Resourceful, forward thinking and will always figure out how to get things done;
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidential information;
- Fun, collaborative, supportive and authentic team player;
- Able to prioritize a busy workload. You can handle a lot of different priorities at one time and are comfortable with your work day looking like that;
- You care about communication. Whether it’s written or verbal, people know what you want, what you mean, or what you are asking for;
- Completion of post-secondary education in Human Resources Management;
- Strong ability to be flexible, innovative and independent;
- Exceptional interpersonal and relationship-building skills, and ability to interact positively with employees and volunteers;
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint);
- A high degree of accuracy and attention to detail, e.g. with database maintenance;
- An ability to adapt, thrive and multi-task within a fast paced, rapidly changing environment;
- Comfortable speaking in front of both large and small groups.
If we sound like an organization you would enjoy working for and you believe you have the required skills and experience, we would love to hear from you!
We are actively recruiting for this role, so time is of the essence to apply if you are keen!
Please include a cover letter along with your resume to: [email protected]
Only candidates being considered for an interview will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time, Permanent