Want to make a difference in your community? Join our team and help us make our vision of accessible, healthy and sustainable food for all a reality.
We’re hiring Drivers to collect food from donor locations for delivery to our community food hubs. This role also includes a significant warehouse labour component involving loading and unloading the vehicle at the warehouse and at community hub locations.
**Starting ASAP to support our busiest time of the year and working through to early January 2019 **
This is a full-time/temporary position, working Monday through Friday. 7am – 3pm.
- Receive daily schedule from the Operations Manager of food daily pickups and depot
- Perform a pre-trip inspection of the vehicle to ensure safety and Fuel trucks at card-lock locations. Report any vehicle issues to the Operations Manager.
- Operate and drive vans, light/medium trucks to pick up and deliver food products to Organize food in the vans or light trucks to maximize efficiency and load distribution.
- On return to the warehouse; unload the van, weigh goods and record information on the daily record and put away all returns.
- Assist with the mobile rollout of onsite registration/on-going registration Troubleshoot scanners.
- Communicate with Operations Manager using Bluetooth and a cellular telephone to resolve any schedule changes and equipment issues as
- Provide relief to other food bank drivers as Assist in other areas of the warehouse as required.
- 2 years of safe driving experience; will need to provide clean Driver’s Abstract from ICBC
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills, both oral and written, is required
- A valid Class 5 or 3 driver’s license is required
- Criminal Record Check is required
- Proper safety footwear is required and to be provided by you
- Physically fit and knowledge of proper lifting techniques required to lift up to 70 lbs on a consistent basis
- May need to sit or stand as could be required to walk and climb stairs during the day
- Reaching above shoulder heights or below the waist.
Hourly rate: $20 per hour.
Job Types: Full-time, temporary
How to Apply
Please indicate your interest by submitting your cover letter and resume to [email protected]
Applications will be accepted until the position(s) are filled.