Want to make a difference in your community? Join our team and help us make our vision of accessible, healthy and sustainable food for all a reality.
The GVFB is seeking an experienced Warehouse Associate/Driver to join our operations team. In this role, you will handle, move, load and unload goods by hand or with a variety of handling equipment. A solid understanding of inventory management, building/filling orders and general warehouse operations is key to being successful in this role. In addition to this, you will be collecting food from donor locations for delivery to our community food hubs. You are a team player with a willingness to contribute, an aptitude to learn and a passion for making a difference.
- Full-time permanent position. Monday through Friday. 7 am – 3 pm. Times will vary depending on schedule.
- Salary: $20 /hour
- Benefits include extended health and dental, after successful completion of probation period.
- Shipping and Receiving. Inbound outbound and internal logistics;
- Receive and assemble orders;
- Ability to use infrared scanning devices troubleshoot and adapt to the system
- Knowledge with Windows Microsoft Office Suite of programs;
- Receive, unload and put away incoming products into inventory;
- Inspect inbound and outbound shipments for accuracy, defects or damages;
- Prepare pallets, wrap and weight all completed orders and stage in the allocated areas for delivery;
- All order picking duties as assigned;
- Assist with general warehouse operations as needed;
- Complete job specific sections of operations Training Program;
- Responsible for Inventory Accuracy and discipline;
- Reach targets, goals and Key Performance Indicators as set with Operations Manager. Discuss and complete evaluation and engage in yearly performance reviews;
- Perform a pre-trip inspection of the vehicle to ensure safety and reliability. Fuel trucks at card-lock locations. Report any vehicle issues to the Operations Director;
- Operate and drive vans, light/medium trucks to pick up and deliver food products as scheduled. Organize food in the vans or light trucks to maximize efficiency and load distribution;
- Provide relief to other food bank drivers as required. Assist in other areas of the warehouse as required;
- On return to the warehouse; unload the van, weigh goods and record information on the daily record sheet. Put away all returns.
- Complete successfully internal operations training plan and orientation, within pre-determined training schedules, completion, sign off and timelines;
- Submitting a clean driver’s abstract from ICBC;
- Completion of secondary school may be required;
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills, both oral and written, is required;
- Strong organization skills with strong attention to detail;
- 1+ years’ experience using industrial forklifts and electric pallet-jacks in racked warehouse facilities;
- Experience in Management Systems is preferred;
- A valid class 5 driver’s license is required;
- 2 years of safe driving experience is required;
- A recent Food Safe Level 1 is an asset;
- Criminal Background Check is required.
- Proper safety footwear is required.
- Physically fit and knowledge of proper lifting techniques required to lift up to 50 lbs. on a consistent basis.
- May need to sit or stand as needed. May require walking and climbing stairs during the day.
- Reaching above shoulder height or below the waist.
Please email your resume along with a cover letter to [email protected] outlining your interest in this position.