Distribution is an opportunity to work together and directly provide healthy food to clients. It is a highly rewarding role that provides weekly assistance to individuals, couples, and families in need. Your group may be divided to support various areas: distribution, line management, restocking, breaking down cardboard, and more. We look forward to hosting your team onsite!
- Vancouver – Maximum 10 volunteers
- Burnaby – Maximum 7 volunteers
- 8345 Winston Street, Burnaby – Indoor site
- 3454 lougheed hwy, Vancouver – Indoor site
- Vancouver – Tuesday to Friday; shifts are 4 to 7.5 hours in length
- Burnaby – Friday to Saturday; shifts are 4.5 to 8 hours in length
- Distributing a specific allotment of food to each client
- Assisting staff in welcoming clients, explaining what food is available, and creating a safe environment
- Ensuring the distribution site is clean
- Assisting the team with restocking stations and breaking down cardboard boxes
- Setting up and taking down the site materials (tables, signage, product, etc.)
- Completing other tasks as needed
- At least 18 years old
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to follow directions and work in a team environment
- Ability to stand outside for an extended period of time.
- Ability to bend, twist, and lift a maximum of 30 lbs.; accommodations can be discussed
- Front-line, retail, or customer service experience is an asset.
- Ability to speak multiple languages is an asset. Please let staff know onsite.