Distribution is an opportunity to work together and directly provide healthy food to clients. It is a highly rewarding role that provides weekly assistance to individuals, couples, and families in need. Your group may be divided to support various areas: distribution, line management, restocking, breaking down cardboard, and more. We look forward to hosting your team onsite!
- Vancouver – Maximum 10 volunteers
- Burnaby – Maximum 7 volunteers
- 8345 Winston Street, Burnaby (Thursday-Saturday) – Outdoor site
- 613 Queens Ave, New Westminster (Wednesday) – Indoor site
- 295 Terminal Ave, Vancouver (Tuesday-Saturday) – Indoor/outdoor site
Tuesday to Saturday; shifts are 4 to 7.5 hours in length and vary at each location*
*Our Terminal location will not have group opportunities available on Saturdays. However, we will still accept groups at our Burnaby location on Saturdays.
- Distributing food to clients
- Ensuring clients, donors and agencies know where to go and park
- Assisting staff and volunteers in welcoming clients, explaining what food is available and communicating GVFB policies and procedures
- Ensuring the distribution site is clean
- Assisting the team with restocking and cardboard breakdown
- Setting up and taking down the site materials (tables, signage, product, etc.)
- Other tasks as needed
- At least 18 years old
- Wear closed-toe shoes onsite
- Able to stand for an extended period of time
- It is a bonus if you speak multiple languages!