Children’s Programs: Baby Steps, Preschooler Packs, and Grade Schooler Packs
The Greater Vancouver Food Bank offers 10 – 15 grocery items every week, and sometimes more depending on the extra perishable donations we have at the time. The amount of food you receive is based on the number of people in your household. The menu of food available changes weekly, and includes a selection of fruits, vegetables, bread, yogurt, canned beans, soups and stews, canned fish and chicken, pasta, sauces, canned fruits, rice, and peanut butter. Milk and eggs are available once per month. We also offer three Children’s Programs each month: Baby Steps (Age 0 – 2), Preschooler Packs (Age 3 – 5), and Grade Schooler Packs (Age 6 – 12).
Once a month (week 1) we provide:
- Formula, baby food, baby snacks and cereal for babies from birth to 12-months-old
- Eggs, cereal, milk, cheese, and fruits for babies from 13 to 24-months-old
- Diapers for children up to 36-months-old
Once a month (week 2) we provide:
- Highly nutritious, age appropriate food for 2 – 5-year-olds that is high in iron and protein to promote brain and muscle development. Ingredients include fish, chicken and turkey, whole grain cereals, wraps and breads, cheese, hemp hearts, oranges and more!
Once a month (week 3) we provide:
- A healthy mix of proteins, grains, dairy and fresh produce for our 6 – 12-year-old clients including cereals, eggs, milk, yogurt, canned fish high in Omega-3 fatty acids, Annie’s macaroni and cheese, cucumbers and tzatziki, snap peas and hummus, avocadoes and more!
We provide a safe, welcoming and respectful environment, and ask for the same consideration from our clients in their interactions with our staff and volunteers. We believe everyone has the right to:
- Be treated with patience, understanding, dignity and respect
- Be treated equally
- A safe physical and emotional space
Your privacy is important to us. Photos and videos are not allowed at sites without GVFB approval, and consent from clients and volunteers.