Want to make a difference in your community? Join our team and help us make our vision of accessible, healthy and sustainable food for all a reality.
Reporting to our Community Events and Engagement Manager, our Event Team Leads (Street Team) are dynamic, take charge, outgoing and self-motivated individuals who work on-call with the primary mission of fulfilling the successful execution of a third-party fund/food raising event in support of the Greater Vancouver Food Bank.
Must be able to work flexible hours – currently weekdays and weekends/daytime hours available.
- These individuals will engage and direct volunteers from diverse backgrounds that have been recruited to support the event.
- The Event Team Lead works flexible hours including weekdays, weekends, evenings, and holidays. Hours will vary by month; approximately 5 – 15 hours per month.
- The Event Team Lead is a brand ambassador representing the Food Bank and abides by the policies, processes and agreements as set by the GVFBS.
- The successful candidate will be highly organized, an effective multi-tasker, a go-getter who needs minimum supervision and focused on delivering an excellent outcome.
- An ability to think out-of-the-box and problem solve on the go is key.
- Well-developed communication skills, discretion, sound judgment and professionalism are paramount in this service role.
- Familiarizes themselves with the event, and the programs, services, vision and mission of the GVFBS.
- Attends briefings and training as required to ensure the successful execution of an event.
- Responsible for gathering supplies and equipment needed for events, leads the set-up and tear down, and safe return of equipment, food and money.
- Drives GVFBS branded vehicle to and from events, as required.
- Proactively engages with the event organizers, and the general public at on-site community events, as the GVFBS brand ambassador.
- Responsible for collection of both food and cash donations while on-site at community events.
- Manages and supervises on-site event volunteers, delegates specific tasks to volunteers and ensures adequate training and instructions is provided to volunteers.
- Assists with the day of event social media promotions in coordination with GVFBS Communications Team as needed and takes photos at events.
- Proactively handles any arising issues and troubleshoots any emerging problems on event day.
- Reports back on the condition of inventory, collateral and vehicle, and advises to order new supplies when required.
- Provides event feedback, including post-event reports and post-event, thank you as requested.
- Post-secondary education in events management, fundraising, public relations, retail or customer service and/or equivalent combination of training and professional experience.
- Street team experience an asset.
- Available to work at different locations throughout the GVFBS catchment cities.
- Experience working with and supervising a team of volunteers.
- Must be able to drive branded GVFBS vehicle.
- A willingness to wear branded GVFBS clothing as provided.
- Physical activity is a part of the contract job, including the lifting of boxes (up to 40 pounds), setting up/ dismantling equipment, etc.
- Must be able to work flexible hours – occasionally on short notice.
- This position requires a successful Canadian criminal record check and a valid class 5 driver’s license with a submitted clean driving abstract.
- High energy, outgoing and eager to initiate conversation with the public.
- Must be able to take initiative and self-manage.
- Independent problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Outstanding organizational skills and ability to work well under deadline pressure.
- Good listener, accepts direction, takes charge.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both oral and written.
- A willingness to be photographed and promoted on GVFBS entities.
- Ability to contribute to social media entities at events (training provided).
- On-call based on the calendar of events.
- Primary responsibilities are carried out in either indoor or outdoor environments.
- Working under a high degree of pressure on the day of events, the Event Team Lead will ensure that all logistical aspects of events are carried out successfully.
- Physical activity is a part of the job, including the lifting of boxes (up to 40lbs each), setting up/ dismantling equipment, etc.
Please email your resume along with a cover letter to [email protected], outlining your interest in this position and the hours and days you would be available for work. A criminal check is required upon hiring.
Salary: $18.00 /hour