IS THIS ROLE FOR YOU?
The Manager of Philanthropy plays a leading role in working with our Chief Development Officer and the Development Team to create a comprehensive, long term strategy for engaging and building relationships with current and potential major donors.
- Do you have the skills and passion to cultivate relationships with individuals and corporations who have the capacity to give at the $10,000+ level?
- Can you successfully communicate our vision of accessible, healthy, sustainable food for all in a way that engages major gift support?
- Do you have the experience and systems discipline to build the right infrastructure behind the scenes within Raiser’s Edge, our fundraising and relationship management software
- Successfully manage all grant applications/written proposals, donor and prospective donor presentations/visits, tracking progress towards clearly defined objectives.
- Design and implement effective identification, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship plans for current donors and prospective donors.
- Identify, cultivate, solicit and steward 75 current and prospective major donors annually.
- Close 30 major gifts ($10,000+) annually, either alone or as part of a team.
- Assist GVFBS CDO and CEO to cultivate, solicit and steward potential major gift donors to make leadership (or transformational) gifts over $100,000.
- Work with GVFBS Leadership Team to identify fundable projects for major donor consideration and then match potential funders to these projects.
- Work closely with Communications and Development staff on the design and implementation of special opportunities to identify, cultivate, acknowledge and steward major donors and major donor prospects.
- Lead the development and tracking of rigorous Moves Management and Pipeline Development processes within Raiser’s Edge and monitor that process with the CDO and Development Team.
- Attend various special events, promotions, community events, representing the GVFBS.
- Conducts research to identify, analyze and qualify information on potential and current donors, with particular attention paid to matters relating to wealth capacity and philanthropic inclination. (LAI)
- Rates and prioritizes prospect pool, suggesting gift levels based on research.
Organization and Regulatory Compliance
- Maintains complete and timely records of contacts, proposals, tasks and other details with prospects, donors and records information in Raiser’s Edge.
- Presents regular Raiser’s Edge reports, updates and other information to senior leadership.
- Complies with AFP Code of Ethics, Donor Bill of Rights and best practices.
- Solid knowledge of major gift fundraising, its trends and best practices.
- Proven track record of meeting or exceeding financial goals from a major gifts portfolio and successfully closing major gifts.
- Minimum of 3 years of major gift experience in a nonprofit fundraising environment.
- Skilled in organizing resources and establishing priorities.
- Ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in diverse communities.
- Experience working with an organization’s senior leadership.
- Experience working with and among volunteers.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, written and verbal communications skills.
- Equally capable of working well independently as well as with a team.
- Experience with constituent relationship management system, Raiser’s Edge specifically.
- Compassionate and interested in the well-being of all people in the community.
- Value, respect and enjoy the place of good, healthy food in family, community, and society.
How to apply
If we sound like an organization you would enjoy working for and you have the required skills and experience, we would love to hear from you! Please email your cover letter and resume in confidence to [email protected]dbank.bc.ca
Only candidates being considered for an interview will be contacted.