- Do you want to make a difference in your community?
- Join our awesome team, in our vibrant brand new office and impressive warehouse
- Help us make our vision of accessible, healthy and sustainable food for all a reality.
- Full-time permanent position
The Operations Manager has a natural ability to lead in a fast-paced environment and thrives in dealing with change. A solution-based individual who makes sound decisions as needed and pro-actively involves themselves in all facets of our operations. A team player with an aptitude to learn, a willingness to contribute and dedication to making a difference in the community.
We provide a modern and inclusive office/warehouse environment, with excellent Skytrain accessibility and free parking. Our competitive benefit plans for this position include: healthcare/dental/vision, 3 weeks accrued vacation leave and a Group Registered Retirement Savings Plan. Your birthday and a personal day are additional paid days off.
- Professional Growth – mentoring and professional development courses
- Financial Growth – competitive salary and benefits
- Personal Growth – be part of a close and supportive team with strong leadership
- Manage, assign and review work for direct reports, engage in operational functional areas of fresh and dry food sort, inbound/outbound fulfillment, warehouse and cold storage, food quality and menu planning.
- Performance reviews, fiscal objectives and tracking of KPI’s for direct reports.
- Ensure functional areas are clean, tidy and organized at all times, adapting to all business, Winston Street Market Place, media and special event requirements.
- Lead the operations team in the design and implementation of the operations plan, operations and food sort manuals. Update annually or as directed.
- Work closely with the data and fulfilment team to create the weekly menu plan and order dry and fresh product as needed.
- Oversee management and monitoring of the warehouse management system.
- Oversee input of IMS data relating to inbound/outbound logistics.
- Manage cooler freezer and dry storage locations, Assist and provide training to employees as required (job duties, internal and external training, safety procedures and policies).
- Requisition of supplies and materials in accordance with the operations department annual budget.
- Oversee industrial equipment and machinery, communicate with our in-house-trainer regarding regular preventative maintenance and emergency repair work.
- Partner with the Operations Director to hold daily high 5 meetings, weekly updates and monthly Operations meetings with direct reports and the wider team.
- Work closely with the Operations Director to strategically acquire new vendors/donors and stakeholders.
- Ensure all outbound orders are checked, completed and accurate before distribution.
- Ensure all product returns are put away correctly and internal processes are followed.
- Check inbound and outbound food quality, report inconsistencies to the Director of Operations.
- Provide coverage for the Director of Operations as required.
What we look for in a candidate profile:
- The ability to communicate effectively with all levels of staff across the whole organization.
- Strong and effective people management skills.
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal.
- Proven team building and leadership skills.
- Strong conflict resolution skills and diplomacy.
- Excellent planning and resource allocation skills.
- Experience with warehouse management systems preferred.
- Good financial and business acumen.
- Comfortable working primarily in a warehouse environment, with exposure to ambient temperatures and noisy conditions.
- BC Class 5 clean driving license.
- Criminal Background Check required.
- Certificate in business, transportation, logistics or equivalent combination of experience and education.
- 3+ year’s driving experience using industrial forklifts in racked warehouse facilities.
- 3+ years’ experience in logistics management is an asset.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft office package.
- Proper safety footwear required.
- A considerable amount of walking throughout the day.
- Bending and lifting packages on a regular basis.
- Local travel may be required at times.
- Occasional weekend work/shift changes may be required.
Please indicate your interest by submitting your cover letter and resume to [email protected]
We are actively recruiting for this position and encourage you to apply now if you are keen on this opportunity!
Candidates invited to attend an interview will be required to provide their drivers abstract and claims history.
A criminal record check for working with vulnerable sectors is required upon hiring (this is free of charge).
Only those applicants under consideration will be contacted. Please accept our utmost appreciation for your interest. The Greater Vancouver Food Bank is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Applications will be treated in strict confidence.